quinta-feira, outubro 15, 2009

Muito bonito

It is more widely accepted that art is a result of a person's individual expression, his or her attempt to record personal impressions of their experience. But until the dawn of the modern era, most art was religious in nature and was considered as French writer and dramatist André Gide put it, "a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." The position of the artist was merely a channel for the divine.


Muito, muito bonito.

Também:

Mere meditation is no match for procrastination, self-sabotage, laziness, the draw of a crack-of-dawn email check that ends up eating the morning, because these are afflictions that arrest both meditation and art. "When I wake up my heart is already racing, the thought that I can check my email calms me down," admits July. But she says, "I know that if instead I meditate, it is much more likely that I will be creative." Such distractions have to be conquered by sheer discipline, which is a mark of most great artists (and great meditators). Creativity and pure perception can be cultivated practically and methodically. In her book The Creative Habit, choreographer Twyla Tharp boils creativity down to a habit. "The best creativity is a result of good work habits," she says. And such habits require focus of a fierce, religious, devotional nature.

Sem comentários: