quarta-feira, setembro 13, 2006

Artigo

 
 
"After writing 35 books with 10- and 14-year old boys at home, believe me, I have no time to wander down the wrong road. I want everything laid out for me ahead of time so I don't waste time on wrong turns and I don't find myself saying, "Gee, what's going to happen next?" I like to know where my characters and I are going every day when I sit down at the computer. At 5:00 in the morning, I'm in no mood to go exploring any farther than the coffee pot. I look at my story outline and I know exactly where I am and where I'll be heading."
 
 
"Give each character a fictional background that will support their goals--personalize them so that the reader can identify with their reasonings for what they want and what they do. As you answer these questions for yourself, you've made up a convincing backstory for your hero so that he has a believable past to support his reactions during the course of the book."
 
"When you've finished your story, you'll have six areas in which to double check your characters for continuity, individuality and depth. They are:
1-their voice; the things that they say (an illiterate cowboy wouldn't suddenly start spouting poetry to the envy of Lord Byron!)
2-the way they think; their interpretation of the world and others
3-How they look; the type of clothing and accessories they surround themselves with i.e. severe suits over sexy underwear, dry cleaning tags hanging off the backs of their sweaters, nothing in the refrigerator but spring water and organic plant food--little details that tell alot
4-Gestures and body language that shows mood and attitude-esp if its in contrast to what he/she is saying
5-Their actions; always jumping in without thinking, pondering etc.
6-their reactions to other characters"
 
"Once I have my characters firmly under control, I flesh out my storyline with research; adding details of fact to fiction until it gels into a tangible plot. Then I'm ready to write it down scene by scene in brief rough draft form; my working outline."
 
"I don't want to give you the impression that everything in the outline is carved in stone. Plotting isn't finished until the final revision pleases the editor. I've changed many a scene, devised many a new twist, even come up with a more powerful ending in the middle of writing a book. Writing is an ongoing process, a natural one and so naturally, it's flexible. The farther you get into your story, the more attuned you are to the characters and the more insight you have into their motivations. A direction you mapped out in your outline may no longer be the best route. Constantly check for consistency and forward momentum. You have to let your instinct as a writer guide you, but also have the common sense to evaluate any major detours before you get yourself lost."
 
Powered By Qumana

Sem comentários: