quinta-feira, janeiro 25, 2007

Hábitos de escrita


Bonnie Hearn Hill

«Schedule: Up at 6 a.m. If Im working on a book, the day belongs to that. I might pace for three hours or stare at the screen. The good part comes at the end of that. For me, most of the writing is about thinking. Unless Im at a conference, I dont usually take days off. When Im consistent, I dont have to worry about word count.

Writing Habits: Character work is everything to me. If I can create a good character, I can tell a story. I think my slave is a good character, and I like my hearing-impaired newspaper series character, Geri LaRue.
I dont outline the first part of my books, because if I knew who the killer was, everyone else would. I do outline the last hundred pages or so. And I usually discover who the killer is after about the first 100 pages.


Wisdom:

-Remember, if it were easy, everyone would do it.
-Believe the people who tell you not to give up.
-Know what youre writing (genre) and read the types of books youre writing. Dont try to invent your own genre.
-Beg, borrow or steal a little time to write every day, even if you have to sit in your car or lock yourself in the bathroom.
-Read poetry, preferably contemporary poets with strong voices.
-It helps if youre a little crazy and driven. You need to go out on the thin branches, but not so far that they break.
-Make use of the many resources available online and in your own community. I learned how to write by trial and error, mostly error. Writers starting out today dont have to do that.
»

Sem comentários: